I’d like to propose a resolution you’ll be able to keep – a reading resolution. How does it work? Just follow these simple steps:
- Read for pleasure. Pick up something you really LIKE – whether it’s a magazine, a light romance, an action-packed adventure, or the book you’ve wanted to read forever and haven’t taken the time.
- Remember it’s not a race. You’re reading for enjoyment, not for competition.
- Talk books. Find out what your friends and acquaintances are reading, and what books are their favorite reads. Talk to the gal or guy behind the desk at the library – we love to give recommendations.
- Try an eReader for portability. Even if you prefer a paper book, having something to read available on your tablet or phone the next time you’re waiting to pick up the kids is quite handy.
- Go with an audiobook. During your commute, work out, or housework, an audiobook can entertain or inform.
Have a Happy New Year, and enjoy your 2016 reading resolution!